Kingdom of Bahrain
- Qualified or partly qualified in Insurance either CII or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management role with an insurance company working in the General Business
- Dealing with brokers and other intermediaries
- Dealing with regional and international reinsurers or ceding companies
- Well versed in insurance and experience in wordings and ratings
- Market industry knowledge
- Bahraini nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Guide and advise underwriters and bind the company on capacity within authorized levels.
- Control and monitor underwriting function through effective selection, development, and underwriters’ engagement.
- Drive the development of a challenging business plan reflective of the competitive market environment.
- Monitor results, adjust strategies and tactics to maximize profit while maintaining healthy growth levels.
- Ensure the company develops and maintains successful relationships with clients and brokers.
- Evaluate underwriting performance based on financial analysis. Includes rate, reserve adequacy, operational, planning and product reviews.
- Provide overall direction for underwriting authority delegation, audit/compliance/regulatory criteria and catastrophe/accumulation management for the general insurance portfolio.
- Contribute in the development of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Enhance and improve underwriting, claims and reinsurance manuals.
- Monitor premium allocations ensuring that they are in line with the company’s strategy & treaty arrangements.
- Explore regional and product expansion.
- Ensure the achievement of continued profitability, growth and/or operational efficiencies for company’s general division through assessment of risk tolerance, market appetite and emerging risk issues.
- Provide necessary statistics for monthly closings of the department and other requirements such as premium statements, MIS and other statistical reports.