Kingdom of Bahrain
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university.
- Professional Certificate in accounts (CPA or ACCA).
- Minimum 14 years of experience in financial services industry and at least 6 years in a similar role and/or IT enabled services organisation providing outsourcing solutions, preferably in payment card industry.
- Thorough knowledge of international financial reporting standards.
- Knowledge of various investment products and risks.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Should possess good working knowledge of computer application software, including experience in implementing accounting systems and/or ERP solutions.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and decision-making skills.
- Be an overall in-charge for financial controls and implementing group strategic plan.
- Ensure adequate controls on company revenue, costs, assets and investments.
- Define accounting, investment, credit risk policies and develop accounting procedures to ensure full compliance with international financial reporting standards, CBB regulations and company’s Articles of Association.
- Develop three-year business plan and annual budget & interim forecasts.
- Elaborate accounting management involving receipts, payments, accruals, asset liability matching in accordance with IAS/IFRS and records maintenance for satisfactory audits.
- Card settlement administration, meeting Visa, MasterCard funding requirements daily, weekly, monthly controls on outflows-inflows, ensure smooth functioning of daily, weekly, monthly control parameters.
- Ensure compliance of investment back office management with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review reports including internal (management, cross-divisional), external (regulatory, Board).
- Present company’s financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure adequate controls in accounting (ERP system) system and maintenance of back up procedures and safeguarding data.
- Liaise with correspondent banks, auditors, vendors and regulators etc.
- Evaluate vendor proposals to ensure “value for money” is received and compliance with authorisation guidelines.
- Provide support to Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) on compliance with corporate governance requirements
- Shareholder relationship management including director’s remuneration, shareholder dividend, board allowances, share assignment and other legal matters related thereto.
- Responsible for special projects and reports for the management, as required by the DCEO and/or the board or its committees.
- Half yearly and yearly audits, annual report write ups and finalsation and CBB inspections.
- Train and coach staff to perform to their fullest potential and maximise their learning abilities.