Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
- CPA, ACA, ACCA or other accounting certifications are a strong advantage.
- Experience building and running accounting/finance teams, with at least 5 years in a finance manager/controller or relevant role.
- Experience working in fast-growing, dynamic environments and can easily adapt to change and re-prioritize.
- Experience working in the Middle-East.
- Previous experience working in the education sector is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Knowledge and background in IFRS, including the presentation and reporting of IFRS based financial reports.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Review and lead the preparation of all month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial documents and closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Implement and oversee the school’s financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and internal control systems.
- Handle audit process and proper filing of VAT returns.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO/Board which can easily provide actionable recommendations.
- Regularly analyze the performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy for growth.
- Drive the company’s financial planning, by preparing reliable current and forecasting reports (Monthly profit and loss forecast vs. budget).
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments and serve as final point of escalation for accounts receivable/accounts payable issues.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis needed for the CEO and Board.