Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum diploma in any field.
- Minimum 7 years similar managerial experience with inflight services or catering.
- Plan, direct and supervise day to day activities related to meal production to ensure a high quality and presentation
- Direct and supervise activities of assigned personnel in the kitchen.
- Perform supervisory duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by management.
- Prepare production work flows and schedules and ensure all sub-sections are operating smoothly and efficiently while meeting production schedules.
- Monitor the quality of raw materials and food presentation in adherence to the company’s standards and specifications in liaison with the supply section.
- Ensure adequate stock of raw materials at all times in relation to any meal requirement changes.
- Identify menu components for consumption forecasts and assist in the forecasting of regular raw material requirements.
- Receive, analyse and distribute catering information and notify sub-sections of any production and presentation changes.
- Check and reconcile the daily production program and stores requisitions with daily meal sales.
- Review cost effectiveness and food cost of the kitchen operation and recommend improved production methods and alternative raw material.
- Assist in the preparation of training for kitchen – and other food handling – staff and conduct induction and familiarisation programs for new staff.
- Monitor staff’s hygiene and cleanliness and maintain all areas to health code standards
- Research and develop new menus.
- Monitor adherence to safety rules, hygiene regulations, ISO 22:000 & HACCP compliance.