Kingdom of Bahrain
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or a relevant professional qualification in compliance
- International Diploma in Compliance offered by the International Compliance Association or International Advanced Certificate in Compliance and Financial Crime offered by the International Compliance Association or any other relevant professional qualification deemed suitable by the CBB.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a bank, financial institution or financial regulator
- Understanding of the industry and the application regulatory framework.
- Knowledge and experience in the digital assets industry and businesses is an added advantage
- Advise and support on regulatory compliance and adherence to applicable local and regional laws
- Develop policies and procedures for the company
- Operate compliance programs across Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions Screening, Identity Verification, and Due Diligence
- Interact with and develop the relationship with the Central Bank of Bahrain and other regulatory bodies
- Manage and oversee regulatory examinations in addition to internal and external audits
- Design compliance-related products including company guidelines
- Oversee AML, CTF & financial crimes, OFAC and Sanctions Compliance matters
- Ensure that record keeping obligations are met in line with the AML & CTF directives
- Ability to prepare and submit modifications to the AML manual in order to implement regulatory and group guidelines with regards to combating money laundering and terrorist financing
- Maintain oversight of the due diligence process, customer identification program and
- recordkeeping and record retention requirements
- Monitor the regulatory landscape and continuously assess the impact on operations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well independently
- Work with the product teams in a compliance advisory capacity
- Creative thinking, excellent analytical skills and the ability to operate and deliver results under pressure in a technologically-driven environment.