Kingdom of Bahrain
Certified Chartered Accountant from recognized institution
- 20+ years’ experience in the accounting function in an airline/large organisation with at least 6-10 years in a managerial position (post education experience)
- Prior experience in hospitality, retail, airlines is preferred
- Reports to the Board of Directors.
- Supervises, co-ordinates, integrates and monitors financial plans for the Company. Includes reviewing relevant policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness. Planning and forecasting the financial resources for both long and short terms and planning sources and use of funds.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of the Company’s annual budget. Includes obtaining relevant information from departments for management approval.
- Ensures efficiency in operations by planning, establishing and implementing end-to-end financial initiatives and policies.
- Supervises and co-ordinates the activities of assigned personnel in the accounts department. Performs supervisory duties and exercises authority at the level established by management for the position.
- Attends board meetings to discuss financial matters involving the Company by preparing the necessary reports.
- Ensures maximum cost and revenue advantage for the Company with focus on quality and benefits.
- Signs cheques with unlimited value.
- Provides overall supervision over the activities of the liquidity, receivable and payable accounts section. Includes ensuring that liquidity is always available and accounts servicing is carried out according to accounts policies and procedures, ensuring follow-up on all outstanding receivables and/or payables is carried out properly.
- Carries out financial appraisals and investigations such as profitability studies and project funding to be able to forecast the financial position of the Company.