Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of HR best practice
- At least 10 years professional HR management, ideally with experience in the financial services sector.
- Strong working knowledge of HR in the GCC, with insight into the various legislative and regulatory environments.
- Experience of working within an international organization and cross-cultural environments.
- Experience of supporting challenging talent acquisition activities across a wide variety of roles and professional disciplines.
- Ability to work under pressure and build strong relationships across functions and geographies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Arabic language an advantage but not essential
- Reports to Head of Human Resources (West)
- Responsible for delivering a comprehensive Human Resources (HR) service to the business across the Bank’s offices in the GCC.
- Talent acquisition across all levels: developing job descriptions, sourcing, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing, with line managers, HR solutions to address immediate and long term staffing and talent requirements.
- Running induction and orientation programs for all new joiners; including relocation of employees.
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Contribution to the annual compensation benchmarking process and salary surveys through appropriate networking within the local HR communities.
- Updating and implementing new HR policies, processes and systems.
- Developing and maintaining all HR related documentation in keeping with the firm-wide standards.
- Dealing with disciplinary/ grievance/ absence and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Management of staff benefits programs, including liaison with brokers and insurance providers to negotiate contracts and premiums.
- Performance management: supporting managers and employees with appraisal and related processes.
- Advising on labor law and appropriate liaison with local labor counsel.
- Learning and development: analyzing training needs; providing guidance on training for managers and their teams; planning and delivering training.
- Managing HR budgets.
- Monitoring employee engagement and satisfaction, and identifying areas that require improvement.
- Working with Senior Managers, coaching them and advising on all talent issues.
- Representing the Bank at key government organizations relating to employment and/or HR in Bahrain and the other countries as appropriate, including the Ministry of Labor, Central Bank of Bahrain, Bankers Association of Banks, and Embassies.
- Assisting with special projects/ events and other tasks as required.