Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or another business-related field.
- At least 3 years of procurement experience
- Knowledge of Computerized Purchasing Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Analyzes, assesses, generates vendor contracts to insure favorable terms and conditions and consistency with legal requirements.
- Proactively reviews for University procurements and works with all departments to insure compliance with University policies.
- Directs the sourcing process which includes identifying prospective vendors.
- Directs the bid processes regarding prospective vendors to bid and managing the bid generation and selection processes.
- Directs negotiations with suppliers to obtain the best offer available within the time constraints of the requirement.
- Oversees the placement of orders with suppliers, including orders for capital equipment, services or other items needed by the organization.
- Directs the preparation and issuance of purchase orders/purchase requisitions and ensures completeness and clarity.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing proper Purchasing database system
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.