Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Library Science.
- At least 3 years of experience in a university library environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus six-year experience in university library experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Computerized Library Management Systems
- Knowledge of reference materials print, non-print and electronic formats and ability to evaluate the accuracy of facts presented in different formats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Manages Library Management System in a manner that is consistent with library goals and objectives.
- Evaluates operations, sets benchmarks and implements efficiencies which can be applied to staffing, collections, materials handling or use of automated equipment or software.
- Prepares and presents reports and statistical analyses on progress toward goals and objectives using benchmarks and statistics. Actively involved with the preparation of long-term goals and library plans.
- Prepares operational and personnel budget requests for the team and is responsible for implementing and monitoring the appropriate funds throughout the year. Negotiates and works with vendors.
- Manages selection, acquisition, cataloging, processing and acquisition of Library materials; manages the circulation, distribution and shelving of the collection; manages reference services, readers advisory and public programming.
- Maintains active membership in professional organizations and attends conferences and meetings.
- Keeps current with professional publications, participates in professional dialogues, and constantly updates self-knowledge of information resources, operational and personnel management trends and library-related technology developments. Remains current and aware of trends in the profession.
- Serves as a group leader in carrying out functions within the team’s charge; evaluate team’s performance individually or as a group; and work collaboratively as part of the library team.
- May perform the duties of the lower level Librarian titles as needed.
- Supervises activities of support staff and performs related work as required.