Kingdom of Bahrain
- B.Sc. in Banking & Finance
- Minimum ACII and qualifications in Risk Management
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience in Insurance and Risk Management
- Experience in regulations and actuarial would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Review, update and/or develop as necessary the laws and regulations governing insurance institutions licensed by the Bank to reflect both the current international practices and the requirements of the local and regional insurance sector.
- Meet insurance licensees and provide assessment in assessing their financial standing
- Assist in the review of returns and reports from licensees and auditors and actuaries
- Attend prudential and other formal meetings with licensees
- Review the latest developments in the insurance services, as well as in the regulation and supervision of insurance institutions which occur locally, regionally and internationally with a view to possible implementation in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Assist the Executive Director and Director in carrying out new methods of analyzing licensees financial statements using the proper accounting and actuarial tools
- Source and develop training plans (in-house or external) for employees and assist the Executive Director in assessing the current and future human resource requirements
- Assist in the development of manuals and other work tools (internal or external) to the Directorate and the Bank
- Meeting and liaising with licensees External Auditors, Actuaries and reporting accountants, Government Ministries and foreign counterparts of the Banks and/or the Directorate
- Propose initiatives and help in formulating strategies aimed at improving and strengthening the Bank and Bahrain as a regional insurance center.
- Liaise and contribute in the preparation of the relevant international insurance entities such as IAIS, IFSB, and AAIOFI
- Draft speeches, articles and other written work for the Executive Director and/ or the Directorate
- Advise on the Bank’s regulatory and supervisory functions as required and assist in the execution of those functions i.e. by reviewing and coordinating specific efforts to ensure consistency and quality of output.
Interested candidates please send your CV along with a photograph in a word document.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.