Kingdom of Bahrain
- Recognised qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (or similar) by the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Related and appropriate practical experience in an Education or Hospital environment is preferred
- Effective handling of Health and Safety investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Arabic and time management skills.
- Coordinate, support and advise the University on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the University meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide monthly or incident reports to the COO on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.