Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum qualifications and certifications in either CPA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in a similar role and within a retail environment.
- Strategic planning and People Management experience is essential.
- Reports to the General Manager.
- Maintain robust systems of internal financial controls in order to safeguard the assets of the company and promote accountability and compliance within the business:
- Complete monthly Management Accounts checklist and Internal Controls checklist (with General Manager Sign off) and follow up to resolve any issues identified from the checklist.
- Develop and maintain a Risk Register that identifies the key business risks. The review to be conducted twice a year and shared with the senior management team.
- Ensure that the financial projections for the company are consistent to the long term strategic targets agreed through the production of robust budgets and forecasts, with the appropriate level of supporting analysis and Management sign off.
- Ensure that monthly management accounts are produced on time and uploaded to SharePoint
- Ensure that all necessary financial documents are filed on time with the relevant local authorities, including all taxation regulations
- Liaise with external and internal auditors to implement the recommendations of the auditors where practical.
- Proper management of the treasury function to minimize currency exposure
- Company Assets to be counted and verified on a quarterly basis.
- Submit suggestions to senior management for any improvements to the operations of the company, etc.