Kingdom of Bahrain
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or other relevant subject
- Professional qualification specialising in finance, economics, accounting and/or legal
- Minimum of 15 years professional experience in securities market regulator, stock exchange or the compliance department of a securities firm
- Good understanding of the following:
- International regulatory standards (IOSCO)
- Regulations of capital markets
- Stock exchanges
- Stock market practices and their implications for regulators
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient in report writing skills and presentation
- Provide advice on issues and policies relating to the regulation of Bahrain’s capital markets, and in particular the regulation and supervision of the licensed Exchanges and Clearing Houses.
- Provide advice in formulating strategy and priorities for establishing a market-based and risk-based regulatory and supervisory framework for the purpose of maintaining and promoting the fairness, efficiency, competitiveness, transparency and orderliness of the capital markets in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Develop regulatory mechanisms, systems and procedures for enabling the Bank to monitor the capital market effectively.
- Advice on risk-management issues in order to ensure that the Bahrain’s capital market does not pose any risk to the integrity of the financial sector.
- Assist in reviewing and approving business rules of licensed exchanges and clearing houses, the capital market products and contracts before introduction in the markets.
- Undertake research and analysis on issues relating to capital markets regulation and supervision.
- Monitor international developments in capital markets regulation and supervision in both regional and leading international markets as well as in international organizations and standard setters.
- Coordinate with the Director to prepare and present written and/or oral briefings on specific capital markets topics of interest to the senior management of the Bank, etc.
Interested candidates please send your CV along with a photograph in a word document.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.