Trusts have become structures of choice for regional institutions and individuals as they protect wealth, act in the best interests of the beneficiaries, and confidentially – with regulatory oversight – manage the flow of benefits to beneficiaries.
Keypoint has been offering trustee and trust administration services – previously in collaboration with an international fiduciary service provider – since 2008. We focus on private investment undertakings, real estate investment trusts (REITs), investment funds, escrow services, employee benefit trusts and charitable and family trusts for clients ranging from high-net worth individuals and family groups to leading banks and charities.
Under the Central Bank of Bahrain’s guidance, Bahrain has continued to establish itself as a leader in the Middle East for trusts, with ongoing regulatory updates aimed at helping the market to grow, such as the introduction of a regulatory sandbox (to encourage the growth of the FinTech sector), new rules pertaining to exchange-traded funds, new requirements for ESOPs and the introduction of retail REITs.
Our broad range of trust services – from employee ownership and incentive schemes to the establishment of family trusts and succession planning for family businesses – are tried and tested. Our experienced, multi-lingual team – backed up by over 100 professionals in the wider Keypoint team based in Bahrain – continue to support the development of Bahrain as a key provider of trust services.
Keypoint’s clients – attracted by our market-leading combination of local knowledge and global expertise – include listed and unlisted financial institutions, high net worth individuals and holding companies.
Our trust solutions include:
- Private investment undertakings – well-placed to act as a sponsor having helped establish a number of PIUs
- REITs – establishment, ongoing compliance with local and international regulations and leading practice
- Investment funds – our experience of establishing investment funds under a trust structure – both here in Bahrain and across the region – helps tailor services for clients
- Escrow services – flexible solutions for a wide range of transactions
- Employee benefit trusts – our in-depth knowledge of local laws and regulations has helped clients to effectively structure their ESOPs
- Private & family wealth trusts – flexible solutions for a wide range of trust transactions
- Trustee services – trustee on the local and international issuance of sukuk and bonds
- Trust restructuring – set up and manage creditors’ trusts