Keypoint’s tax leadership team helps key decision makers across the GCC understand the impact that taxes have on businesses and their stakeholders, as well as ways to optimise their tax liabilities. Our tax team advises on a range of tax issues, including VAT; local, regional and international taxation; mergers and acquisitions; and transfer pricing.
Our team offers relevant regional and sector experience and have a ‘Big 4’ professional services background. Combining over 50 years of tax experience, gained working in Bahrain, across the GCC, in Malaysia, the UK, New Zealand, Pakistan, the European Union, South Africa and Australia, our team has advised business and organisations across industry sectors.
With VAT the most immediate tax challenge, our market-leading tax consultants help businesses understand the challenges of VAT, assess the impact of those challenges, explain how systems and processes will need to be changed, check compliance with national legislation, and help businesses pay the right amount of VAT at the right time. By getting this right, businesses are more likely to be able to generate VAT efficiencies, minimise the risk of VAT becoming a cost and are less likely to incur damage to either their reputation or their finances.
As well as VAT advisory and compliance, we utilise our in-depth industry knowledge to provide clients with a range of effective tax solutions, including:
- Tax structuring – our tax professionals help shape the immediate and long-term tax impact of acquisitions and dispositions and explain potential tax risks and benefits associated with a specific transaction.
- Tax due diligence – our tax due diligence teams analyse and quantify tax risks and opportunities and identify potential costs, contingencies and commitments helping businesses make informed investment decisions.
- Tax compliance and registration – our teams of tax consultants, armed with an in-depth knowledge of local, regional and international legislation, can help companies remain compliant with an increasingly complicated regulatory environment.
- International tax – our tax professionals help companies working across borders to align their tax strategies with their business objectives, providing a comprehensive range of inbound and outbound tax services.
- Transfer pricing – we advise businesses on related-party and cross-border transactions.
- Dispute resolution – our experienced professionals work across the dispute resolution process, from protecting against disputes through to resolution.